TechNiche's Phase Change Cooling Vests maintain a comfortable 14 degrees C (58 degrees F) for up to 3 hours of critical heat stress relief.
Size: M/L=100-175lbs L/XL=175-250lbs XXL=250-300lbs
They are commonly used under high heat protective clothing, hazardous material suits, military body armor, and mascot costumes. TechKewl™ Phase Change Cooling Vests keep you cool when you need it most!
- Avoid Heat Stress
- Stay Safe
- Great for Working Outdoors
- Works in extreme conditions
- Regulate Body Temperature
TechKewl™ Phase Change Cooling Vests are specially designed for long lasting durability in harsh working conditions. Vests have a comfortable v-neck design with a zipper closure. Hook and loop girth and shoulder adjustments provide a customized fit.
How Phase Change Cooling Works:
1) Freeze Cool Pax™ Ice Inserts (Included)
2 )Place in vest for hour of cooling
3) Frozen inserts provide extreme cooling effect
- V-neck w/zipper closure; hook & loop girth adjustments
- 100% cotton (excluding inserts)
- Thermal Liner
- Includes front chest pocket
- Include 1 set of 4 (Four) Cool Pax™ 7065-V Phase Change Cooling Inserts
Key Benefits of TechKewl™ Phase Change Cooling:
TechKewl™ Activation & Use:
- Provide cooling comfort and heat stress protection in high temperature environments.
- Commonly used in extreme heat under work gear, costumes, and other apparel.
- Phase Change Material releases long-lasting, temperature-specific (58 degrees F, 14 degrees C), cooling relief.
- Non-toxic, non-flammable, durable, reusable, lighter than water, and does not produce condensation.
- Simply place in a freezer until solid. Or submerge inserts in ice water for up to 45 minutes.
- Place inserts to garment pockets.
- Wear comfortably; repeat steps as needed (or use additional inserts for continuous relief).
TechKewl Phase Change Cooling: This advanced technology uses specially designed inserts containing our Phase Change Material (PCM) which releases long-lasting, temperature-specific (58 degrees F, 14 degrees C), cooling relief designed to fit inside our garments. Typical applications include industrial safety, construction, emergency services, military, outdoor recreation, equine, mascots and therapeutic.
Who are cooling vests for?
At The Warming Store we have cooling vests available for a range of activities and uses.
- Construction workers, gardeners and anyone else who works outside during the summer
- Military personnel
- People suffering from medical conditions with heat sensitivity
- Sportsmen and sportswomen
- Emergency Services
- Anyone who wants to enjoy the summer without being overwhelmed by heat
How do they work?
We have 3 styles of cooling vests which work in different ways to help you keep your cool.
Evaporative Cooling Vest
These use the natural effect of evaporation to cool you down. When these vests are placed into water the specially made non-toxic material absorbs hundreds of times its weight in water. This stored water is then slowly released. In hot areas this water will start to evaporate. As it does it the heat from the wearer is transferred into the air helping to reduce your temperature.
- Light weight.
- Easy to use throughout the day. If it dries out all you have to do is submerge in to water for hours more cooling.
- No electricity is required making them perfect for people on the move.
- The most affordable form of cooling vest.
Click to see all Evaporative Cooling Vests
Phase Changing Vests
These non-toxic vests have a large pocket front and back in which a refrigerated, frozen, water or air conditioned cooled pack can be inserted. This flexible cooled pack will then help reduce the wearers’ temperature for up to 4 hours. These inserts can be refrozen as and when necessary. Each vest comes with one set of packs. For all day cooling we suggest ordering extra packs which can be kept in a freezer or cooler until it is necessary to exchange them.
- Hard wearing.
- Works in high humidity.
- Each cool pack can be reused.
- Does not produce condensation.
- Typically provides a cooler temperature than evaporative cooling vests.
Click to see all Phase Changing Cooling Vests