The Lightning 60 is a refined lightweight backpack for any long distance hike or multi-day trekking adventure where minimal weight, functionality and a little extra space are required.
The functional roll-top closure allows not only quick access, but also expansion of the main compartment. Side pockets made of elastic fabric can be used to store items such as water bottles as well as trekking poles or tent poles. Zippered pockets on the hip belt on top of the pack provide even more quick-access storage space.
Side zig-zag compression straps and a webbing strap that runs across the backpack with quick-release buckles keep gear like mats or an flysheet securely in place. Those who use the Lightning for mountaineering attach ice tools to the designated loops and central daisy chain.
The fully adjustable suspension system with minimal contact points and aluminum stay is length-adjustable and can be easily configured to fit the length of your back. Further carrying comfort is provided by a padded hip belt. The extremely lightweight material is water-repellent and PFC-free. The extremely lightweight fabric is water-repellent and PFC-free.
- Height adjustable comfort suspension system
- Front and side compression
- Extremely light and spacious
- Lightweight for trekking and long distance hikes
- Sophisticated suspension system with easy length adjustment and minimal back contact points for good venting
- 4 base loops can be used to attach sleeping mats, tent, etc.
- Hydration system compatible
- 2 ice tool and trekking pole loops
- Full pack body compression system. Straps can hold large items like mats or tent rainflys.
- Spandex stretch fabric pockets on sides and the hipbelt for quick acces to small personal items.
- Reliable roll-top closure adjusts pack volume. Can be closed both drybag style or as vertical compression.
- Removable top compression strap with aluminum Rapide Hook can be used to compress the pack or to secure gear like rope or raingear when not in use.
- Recycled materials: More and more Exped products are made from recycled materials. Materials gained from previously made materials - such as PET-bottles or waste from the production of textiles.
- Oeko-tex certified material: Oeko-Tex is a testing and Certification system for raw materials and finished products. Exped does not feature fully tested products. The listed products aren't certified under this standard. Only accordingly specified materials are certified.
- Bluesign certified material: Bluesign, the world's strictest textile standard for environmental protection and consumer protection in textile production. The listed products aren't certified under this standard. Only accordingly specified materials are certified.
- PFC-free: Abbreviation for Per- or poly fluorinated chemicals, also known as fluorcarbons. Non degradable and accumulating toxic chemicals used for waterproofing.
- Main Fabric
- 210 D HMPE ripstop nylon
- PU coated
- 1'500 mm water column
- Oeko-Tex 100 certified
- Main Fabric 2
- 600 D recycled Oxford Cordura polyester
- PU coated
- 1'500 mm water column
- Bluesign certified
- PFC free
- Pack suspension
- 6061-T6 series aluminum stay
- Volume: 60 l
- Dimensions: 75 x 34 x 27 cm
- Weight: 1220 g
- Backlength: 41 - 58 cm
- Hipbelt size: 87 - 145 cm
- Load limit: 24 kg
- Color Inside: Black: Grey melange
Starting in the early 80's as a distributor of other outdoor brands, we began to build our own gear in 1997. Since then we have created many highly innovative products and won many awards for our designs.
All highly motivated outdoor people specialised in their skills and often found playing in the wild.
The maximum outdoor experience with minimal means. Nature with all its fascinating elements is best experienced with essential and functionally refined equipment.
Since our foundation, we have paid close attention to the principles of sustainability, as we view this as the most economical and environmentally friendly path in the long run. Durability, reliability and repairability are at the core of our philosophy. And we maintain long-standing and close cooperations with our partner factories to warrant our commitments.